Thursday, January 10, 2008

I'm back...maybe

Its been awhile, I know. I have been very preoccupied and that may not change for a while. I don't want to reveal anything yet, because you never know who's reading.

I have lost touch with my blogging friends, and have been trying to catch up a bit tonight. One interesting thing I've noticed is that many sense that this year is going to be a year of change, and I too feel that big change is in the air. I am a comfort zone junkie, and am usually resistant to much change, but I must say that I am so ready. Last year was - well...not great. I don't even want to review it other than I enjoyed watching my boys grow one year older. But even though it was a miserable year, it prepared me - made me uncomfortable enough to seek change and take a leap of faith that I might not have otherwise taken if I was comfortable. (I can't wait to share, but I don't want to get the cart before the horse... a few more days and I'll know for sure)

I'm not ready to think about triathlon or other athletic type goals for this year until I know how things are going to pan out. I have a feeling that it won't be a year of multi-events. One reason is that if what I've been preoccupied with does go through, the dough for the events will not be as readily available, and we've got a wedding in Florida to attend in October. I've been thinking of maybe doing one A-race this year - late in the year so I have time to train and not train and train again. Any suggestions? I'm sort of thinking of looking into an event in Florida in October near Lakeland...

Anyway - short, but just wanted you to know that I have not dropped off the face of the earth. Most of my reader's already know what is in the works, the rest of you, if you are still there, shoot me an email and I'll spill the beans, otherwise I'll update you all when I can.

3 comments:

jbmmommy said...

Hoping all is well with you and wishing youa great 2008. I look forward to seeing more of you when you've got the time.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the changes, and hope 2008 is a much better year for you :)

Unknown said...

How about elephant man (assuming they have it again)? oly distance, closer to your neck of the woods, fairly late in the season...