Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Recovery Week and Feeling Better.

After last week's post, I put in a quick open water swim and felt a little better. Then off to Albuquerque for a quick visit with the folks, grandmother and prego baby sis. The trip up there was very interesting, but it was not as restful as I would have liked, but it was a good trip. I got a quick run in from the folks house to the river and back on sandy roads (probably a mile total) it was my first run since the Milkman and it felt good. Later that day my hubby and I borrowed the folk's MTB and rode around along the river on sandy trails. It was good that I got something in because due to the not so restful weekend, and late return home on Sunday I didn't get my long ride in. In fact I didn't do anything until yesterday evening and just did lower body work with the stability ball.

Alas I dragged my sleepy, unwilling behind out of bed this morning for a short run (15 min - have to gradually build back up) and it was good. My target was to keep my heart rate at the low end of my aerobic zone (135) and I actually kept it there, in fact at one point I had to pick up the pace a little to get it up there. Before the Milkman I was happy to keep it at around 143 which was challenging - remembering back in February I couldn't keep it below 160. So I'm encouraged. I'm headed to the pool tonight, hoping for more positive stuff knowing it is recovery week and I'm not going to try and kill myself even if things feel more in-sync than last week. Now back to work!

1 comment:

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

You're doing great! It's good to get your HR up into zone 4 from time to time, it pushes your aerobic threshold up. At least, that's what they told me.