Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Just a Tad bit Busy

Oh my gosh! It has been over a month since I've posted.

so let me just say, that I've always respected teachers and never thought they were lesser than I because they taught versus designing bridges or something (except for all my history teachers that were actually coaches and did nothing to teach me history except pass out crossword puzzles). But now that I've walked a few miles in their shoes - I have a new found respect for them. This is hard work!

So I've been trying to keep up with all the stuff I'm supposed to do as well as figure out how to teach algebra to 6 periods of students who don't know their multiplication tables - can barely figure out how to use a calculator...seriously no wonder this district's math scores are below pathetic.

Anyway trying to keep up with my new job, plus all the requirements I have to fulfill to earn my real teaching license - the few engineering projects I have outstanding, regular mom/wife stuff in a house that we're still trying to get livable.. I've done absolutely no training.

Rather than worry about training, I'm concentrating on getting into a comfortable routine in everything else. I'm sort of playing around with the idea of getting back to running and sign up for a 5k this winter sometime, but all in good time.

So I'm a bit busy, but things are good here in the Tuc!

3 comments:

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

If it's any consolation, even here in Rio Rancho, which switches places with Las Alamos every year for top scores, I always felt like the kids could barely multiply. I started teaching them math shortcuts. Looks that up. "Multiplication shortcuts" and tips and tricks. Might help some. I also picked up calculators at the dollar store. When is the next time you'll bein RR? I can give you stuff.

Michelle said...

Wow, you sound busy!! Enjoy the fun part of a new job :)

Unknown said...

Glad you posted and sorry it took me so long to find your update. I've been thinking about you.

Best wishes!!

And plan to be up this way in the fall?