Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Quick Post!

It looks as though our house is really going to sell this time – my confidence level is at 85% - each week closer to the closing date my confidence level has risen, so if all continues to go well my confidence level will be at 100% by closing at the end of July.

Looks like I’m going to be changing careers, or more like adding a new career. I’ve accepted a high school math teaching position. I’ll still be practicing engineering on the side through my business, but I’m going to try a spell at this teaching thing. I have no idea if I’m going to like it or not, but it’s a steady paycheck and I can do anything for a year.

Of course with all these major changes happening right now, I really don’t have time to do the Bottomless Triathlon, but I’m going to do it anyway – Jeff encouraged me to do it. But after the bottomless, my training will reduce some as I just don’t have the time to do much – but maybe my life will settle back into a new routine in August and I’ll start looking for races in September (maybe) and beyond.

June totals:
Swimming: 8800 meters
Biking: 87.4 miles
Running: 21.25 miles
Strength: none
Lbs lost: 10
Trips to Tucumcari: 2 – no wonder we are behind.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hopefully the house sells without a hitch this time!

And 10 lbs lost?!?! Wow.

Best wishes with the teaching gig. Hope it works out for you. :)

Anonymous said...

YAY for the house selling...I know it's hard not to worry up until the time it's final. Good closing vibes sent your way :)

Hope you like the teaching position.

Have a blast at the Bottomless Tri - you deserve it!