Sunday, February 04, 2007

Warning - part of this post is about Poop!

Okay - so I'm tired of whining, and I'm ready to laugh. I hope this story makes the corners of your mouth turn up a little.

3:30am - my 3 year old wakes me up. I sit up and pick him up to take him back to his bed when i realize he is not wearing any pants or underwear. "Where's your pants?" No answer. "Did you pee in your bed?" "No," he whispers. I'm thinking he did and how I so look forward to changing sheets at 3:30am. In his room with just the night light on, I feel for wetness in his bed - dry. I find new pants and underwear, dress him put him pack into his bed with some milk and some music. I find his previously worn underwear and do a wetness check - dry. His pj pants are still in the bathroom I check for wetness thinking he dribbled a little - common occurrence with young, potty trained boys. Dry. Huh?

Didn't spend much time thinking about it and went back to bed. Only to be woke up again 30 minutes later. "Whats wrong," I ask. "I want to sleep with you," he whispers. "No you have to sleep in your own bed, like a big boy," I say as I get up again and carry him back. Fortunately he stills has his pants on this time.

It wasn't 30 minutes later and he was back. This time I was convinced he had a stomach ache or nightmares or something, and I frankly didn't care to keep repeating this, so I let him climb in bed with me. He went to sleep and while I was dosing off - my husband decides to get up and get ready for his day trip to Tucumcari. We had loaded a stock trailer full of mostly his crap, some of my crap that we haven't used in a while. He took said trailer and oldest son. All I can say is that I'm glad its me not him that gets up at 4 in the morning to train, because it were him - he'd be dead. He can't get dressed in the dark. He can't sit in a chair to put his socks on, just the bed. Maybe he has no clue how quiet I try to be when I'm getting ready for a training session, because he's never been woken up. Anyway... Even though I was awakened by my sweet super dad, three year old wasn't.

They left and I dosed back to sleep wondering if it would just be for 30 minutes as my three year old consistently wakes up at 6am. I woke at 7:45 with a crick in my neck, and shortly after the three year old woke up.

After my first few sips of coffee I asked him what happened to his pants last night. He proceeded to tell me he "pooped in my bed." Scary music is now screeching in my ears. OMG did I make my son sleep with a turd, I'm thinking as I practically run to his room.

Fortunately - no turd is found, and I reexamined his underwear in the light. Yes there in the light were signs of said poop. I'm still not clear on the story, and will probably never be as we are talking about a 3 year old. Either he did poop in his pants while in bed and then took care of it. Or he woke up and pooped in the appropriate place, but since he is 3 the whole wiping concept - well we're still working on.

Now that I've started off my day with a bit of motherhood humor, plus the sun is shining - I'd like to say thank you to the few of you that keep coming back and commenting on my blog - especially when I'm down in the dumps and whining. I'd like to end this post with the lyrics of a song that tends to hit home when I'm stuck in a funk.


Touch - by Layton Howerton
A thorn, a rose
A blessing I suppose
An all seeing eye
Not mine to question or wonder why
For the hem, of Your garment
Lord, I am reaching up
In just one moment
You can remove from me this cup
So Lord, I am asking
And I am praying
You said seek and ye shall find
Oh, in my suffering
I am knocking
With all of my heart, soul and knuckles combined
For Your -
Touch
Your grace and mercy
Love and pity
A miracle, a sign
Lord, I claim Your promise as mine
Through the very finger of God
We are healed by Him
And I choose to be a victor, not a victim
So Lord, I am asking
And I am praying
You said seek and ye shall find
Oh, in my suffering
I am knocking
With all of my heart, soul and knuckles combined
For Your -
Touch

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny! Those days are behind me, but my daughter still crawls into bed with me every once in a while. I actually enjoy it even though I inevitably wake up with all kinds of aches and pains from being squished between her and hubby.

Nice song lyrics. :)

sharon said...

It brings back memories of when my kids were little. An uninterupted nights sleep of 8 hours was unheard of. I didn't start tri's until my kids were older so it was a bit easier for me. I don't know how you do it working as much as you do with 2 little ones. They require so much less time and energy when they are older.
I had a tendency to suffer from depression when I was up north especially in Jan/Feb when there wasn't much sun. It got better when I moved to Florida but then started struggling with it again when I started with the menopause thing. Lack of sleep seems to bring it on - for me anyway. Have you noticed it being worse when your tired? It stinks doesn't it? Of all the things that helped me the most was a low dosage of birth control pills to regulate the hormones. I hope your feeling better and PLEASE get some sleep, or you might end up throwing things like me!