Thursday, January 11, 2007

Tag You're It

I was tagged by Lisa.

This is how it goes
1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book & the author.
3. Turn to page 123.
4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page. Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
5. Tag three more folks.

Okay - you guys know how busy I am, so first of all I didn't want to hang this thing up, but I tried to cheat and wait till I was at home with free time to blog - well that isn't happening real soon, so then I decided to try and do it during my quickie lunch break - unfortunately that means I'm going to bore you guys to death...

Nearest book: next to the final draft of a "Preliminary Engineering Report for Otis MDWC & SWA by me.

sentences 6 through 8:

"Alternative No. 2: Purchase one additional public water supply well. The additional water would not only provide needed backup for the existing supply but would also enable the Association to resume selling memberships once additional water rights are obtained. This would most likely involve purchasing a farm with its associated well and water rights."

So now I have to tag three people... okay Colorado Corner, Geek Girl, and Jbmmommy

on a personal note - going out of character and bragging a bit - check out this news article. for those of you that don't know me - trying to get up the gumption to meet someone on my own initiative is difficult as my blogger name suggests - right Geek Girl? So you can imagine how difficult it was for me to be the presenting engineer during a very heated and controversial special session of the city council. Right before the presentation I was self talking - telling myself that if I can do triathlons, I can do this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome - I love how triathlon got you through the public speaking thing - and you made the paper. Impressive!!