Monday, December 18, 2006

Status...

My boss was diagnosed with cancer this past Thursday. He's in Stage 4 and started an aggressive first phase of chemo this morning. I work in a very small office (5 including him). Our office is one of 5 scattered around the state. All in all the whole company has maybe 30 employees. I say all this to help you realize what kind of impact this diagnosis is on our office and our company. I've been expecting this for a while, as I've had a gut feeling that his persistent cough over the past year is much more than just allergies...

Anyway - he is also one of those folks who averages 60-80 hour weeks and keeps a lot of info in his head. So we're trying to figure out how to fill the gap (hopefully temporarily, but realistically- permanently).

Also our house and land are now officially listed for sale...which means extra effort will have to be made to keep it some what clean until it is sold.

I say all of this to inform my readership - that my blog may be neglected for a while... although I may still use it to vent my frustrations and emotions of dealing with this new chapter in my life. I plan to keep training and I have a tentative 2007 race schedule in mind because after almost a year of this triathlon stuff, I now need it. I was in Walmart the other day (not my favorite place in the world, but the only place to shop in my world) trying to remain calm and friendly. I actually imagined myself running or biking and the quiet solitude I get during those training sessions. I will need these times more than ever for the next few weeks.

Please keep my boss, Dennis, and his family in your prayers. Also please send a prayer or two for me every once in a while. Our impending move is now more complicated than it was supposed to be, as I'm an now very much needed in my current office as well as the Tucumcari office. Its nice to be needed, but hopefully not torn in half.

In case I don't get a chance top post again before Christmas, please have a Merry one and take a moment to remember it is not about us, but about our Savior and Lord - Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on. I'll keep you in prayer.

Proverbs 3: 5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."

:) said...

Have a Merry Christmas... Hope things work out for the best.

jbmmommy said...

Best wishes and prayers for you, your family, and your boss and his family. I hope your time away helps you, and we'll be here when you get back. Take care.